Co Op Work Permit

Immigration advice you can trust

What is Co-op Work Permit?

If an international student is contemplating a program in Canada & it requires them to attend a co-op internship program or work placement, they can apply for the Co-op work permit. The Co-op work permit is separate and not related to the part-time work permit issued by a Canadian study permit. They need to be a legitimate holder of a valid study permit to apply for the co-op work permit.

What are the requirements to register for a Co-op work permit?

After getting a co-op permit, it is your responsibility to ensure co-op opportunity meets the fundamental requirement meets all central compliance. It is to be noted that the regulatory requirement is to devote full-time tasks for at least 30 hours a week. There must be a registration in the co-op course, and finally, the co-op duration must be approximately equal to the overall academic term duration.

Who can apply?

International students can apply for a co-op work permit if they fulfil the following criteria:

  • They hold a valid student permit.
  • They are enrolled in a study program requiring mandatory job placement to obtain the credits needed for the program.
  • If they have a letter from the educational institution that authorizes work placement & it confirms that the work placement is required in the field of study


How can we help?

We are an experienced immigration service provider, and we would like you to contact our team today! Our team will take up the onus of doing the needful and making you aware of the complexities. We are here to help you out and make sure you can immigrate with ease. Call us or drop us a mail to know more!!