Super Visa allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit their children and grandchildren in Canada for an extended period of 2 years. Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is a multiple entry visa, which allows the applicants to stay with their family in Canada for up to two years—without the need to renew their visa status.
The Super Visa processing period is nearly 8 weeks.
Eligibilities for Super Visa:
In order to be eligible for a Super Visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that has:
- the validity of at least 1 year from the date of entry
- coverage of at least $100,000
- the proof of already paid medical insurance
- have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
- a copy that proves the person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent residency in Canada
- a promise of providing financial support for the time of your stay in Canada
- the list and number of people in the household of that person
- apply for your Super Visa from outside Canada
- have valid permission to enter Canada
- go through an immigration medical exam
- meet some additional immigration conditions
NOTE: You are not allowed to include any dependent in this application.
Financial support (Proof of Funds)
Your child or grandchild, whoever will invite you, need to provide some proof of funds. Followings are some examples of proof of funds to be used for this purpose:
- Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
- Employment letter including salary and date of hire
- Pay stubs
- Employment Insurance stubs
- Bank statements etc.
7 Star Immigration Consultancy INC provides a comprehensive range of visa services to meet your immigration requirements. Whether you need any consultation on a specific service related to your visa case or complete assistance from start to finish, we can assist you. Contact 7 Star Immigration today to know more!